"Joy Unspeakable" by Jeremiah Schroeder (aka Jraw)

Our next contribution to the 2017 Community Poetry Blog comes from Jeremiah Schroeder (aka Jraw). Thanks & keep those submissions coming--10 days left to submit!


Joy Unspeakable

You ever had joy?
People just look and ask,
What's up with you?
It's hard to explain,
Let me try,
“Joy unspeakable that won't go away,
Just enough,”
Wait,
Too cliché,
How bout this?
“Even when the rain falls,
Even when the flood starts risin,
Even when” the hard times happen, you can still have joy,
Happiness depends on happinings,
But joy is everlasting,
So I can't put God ever-as-last-thing,
When I am,
Nothing,
But dirt,
But the great I AM,
Chose to move in,
Take residents in,
My inn,
No Vacancy,
Remind me,
Holy Spirit,
You are the kool-aid to my soul,
Jesus,
You are the sugar to my sweet surrender,
Father God,
Give me the living water from the well of your word,
Use a HUGE wooden spoon to stir,
Me up,
So I can,
(Psalm 34:8) “Taste and see that the Lord is good”,
Sip,
And be satisfied,
(Jeremiah 20:9) “But if I say,
“I will not mention his word,
or speak,
anymore in his name,”
His word is in my heart,
like a fire,
a fire,
shut up in my bones.”
I can not,
shut up!
Or else my system,
will shut down,
The sun is center of solar system,
Everything orbits around sun,
The yellow, orange, red, rays of sun,
Are at the center of my beating heart,
The key 2 start,
Is Jesus Christ,
He gives me a jump start,
2 get my motor runnin,
Rev my engine ----->,
To take off like a drag strip ----->,
When G.O.D. Gives me the G.O.
I will,
(Matthew 28:19) “Go,
And make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit,”
The Holy Spirit does back flips inside me,
That I can not hide,
See :)
Cuz I was playin hide-n-seek,
but I'm found,
Cuz now,
I'm Olly Olly Oxen Free!
So I refuse to “hold back”,
Like a pregnant lady,
Cuz baby,
He's had my back,
This whole time,
Made me whole,
Filled the hole in my soul,
With Joy, Joy, Joy!

Unspeakable

Popular Posts